Looking for a vacation rental or summer getaway cottage in Prince Edward County? Welcome to The Sophia Farmhouse in West Lake – just minutes from Sandbanks Beach. This eclectic restored 1860’s farmhouse sits on a 2.5 acre treed lot, complete with a Big Red Barn.
How best to describe The Sophia Farmhouse?
Think: farmhouse charm meets mid-century design meets cottage life. Professionally-designed with high-quality furnishings and amenities, the property also incorporates rustic elements like locally reclaimed wood, tin ceilings and reclaimed scrap barn metal for doors and fireplaces throughout. Our goal with the Sophia was to create a comfortable place to chill and explore, but one that’s 100% County.
With 2 private bedrooms plus a pull-out queen-sized bed in the main living room, the Sophia can comfortably sleep 6. The generously-sized living and dining area (with gas fireplace) is perfect for relaxing or hanging with friends. On warm summer nights, you’ll want to lounge on the back deck overlooking the extensive property including the Big Red Barn.
Love to cook? The modern farmhouse kitchen is fully equipped, right down to the waffle maker, blender and a SMEG toaster…and there’s a Weber natural gas BBQ on the deck too, for al fresco dining.
Love to eat more than cook? We’re less than a 5-minute stroll away from one of the County’s trendiest restaurants, Sand and Pearl Raw Bar & Fish Fry. You can also enjoy the 2 restaurants across the street at Isaiah Tubbs…dine lakeside at the Restaurant on the Knoll or grab a snack at the Sandbar Lounge.
Check out the photos below!
Whether you’re into picnics or bonfires, curling up with a good book in a hammock or sunbathing on the deck, there’s plenty of exploring to do at the property. But people love renting The Sophia because of its incomparable PEC location:
- 4-minutes away: the white sand beaches and clear waters at Sandbanks Provincial Park (12-minute bike ride)
- 8-minutes away: the quaint shops, galleries and the famous Slickers Ice Cream Parlour in Bloomfield
- 15-minutes away: the restaurants, craft breweries, art studios, parks, shopping and grocery stores in Picton
- 15-minutes away: the wineries, farmer’s market, beaches and foodie destinations in Wellington
- Across the street: shuttle pick up/drop off for the Hayloft Dancehall
Included in Your PEC Vacation Rental:
- High-speed internet/wifi
- 50-inch TV in the master bedroom with Chromecast for streaming Netflix or your favourite content
- 2 gas fireplaces
- Washer/dryer and dishwasher
- Sandbanks beach day pass (all-season)
- 2 bicycles for exploring the county roads and the Millenium Trail
- Kayak and stand-up paddleboard rentals (down the street at Westlake Sports – subject to a weekly maximum)
- A huge selection of indoor and outdoor games (including a life-sized Jenga game)
- Giant fire pit behind the Big Red Barn
- Discounts at nearby restaurants
- High-quality linens, towels and pillows
Available (across the street and toward Sheba’s Island) at Westlake Watersports:
- Fishing boat, pontoon boats, Sea-Doo jet ski or flyboard-jetpack rentals
- Westlake Willy Water Park – all age inflatable water park (across the street)
Even closer, across the street and behind Isaiah Tubbs resort is Westlake Wakeboard school, which also does tubing and banana boat rides.
Other Things to Note
- The Sophia farmhouse can be rented along with her little sister, The Mary Coach House, providing accommodations for a total of up to 10 people between the two.
- Up to two well-behaved dogs are welcome!
Prices, Reviews and Availability: PEC Vacation Rental
To see prices, reviews and our availability calendar, check out our listing on Airbnb.