Looking for a short-term vacation rental in Prince Edward County? Welcome to The Mary Coach House in West Lake – just minutes from Sandbanks Beach. This eclectic house sits on a 2.5 acre lot, complete with a Big Red Barn.
How best to describe The Mary? Think: cozy cottage meets mid-century design meets quiet writer’s retreat. Professionally designed with stylish furnishings and amenities, our goal with the Mary was to create an intimate space for hosting singles, couples and small families (4 people max).
Our favourite thing about The Mary is the private, enclosed gazebo overlooking the lush treed lot and barn. Whether perfecting your best downward dog, meditating, curling up with a good book or indulging in a glass of County wine with friends, the gazebo is the place to just be on a summer night. There’s a lounge area, dining area and natural gas BBQ too.
Guests of The Mary have full access to the grounds. Lead a singalong by the bonfire; spoil yourself with a picnic of County cheese, charcuterie and baguette under a tree; or simply explore.
The first floor of The Mary houses a living and dining area (with funky gas fireplace), bathroom and fully-equipped kitchen leading out to the gazebo. The entire second floor is a loft bedroom, with exposed wood beams and cathedral ceiling. The loft is complete with a writer’s area and spacious chill-out space. There’s one queen size bed and 2 single beds (converted from the chairs).
We’re less than a 5-minute walk away from one of the County’s trendiest restaurants, Sand and Pearl Raw Bar & Fish Fry. You can also enjoy the 2 restaurants across the street at Isaiah Tubbs…dine lakeside at the Restaurant on the Knoll or grab a snack at the Sandbar Lounge.
The Mary is a much-loved vacation rental because of its incomparable PEC location:
- 4-minutes away: the white sand beaches and clear waters at Sandbanks Provincial Park (12-minute bike ride)
- 8-minutes away: the quaint shops, galleries and the famous Slickers Ice Cream Parlour in Bloomfield
- 15-minutes away: the restaurants, craft breweries, art studios, parks, shopping and grocery stores in Picton
- 15-minutes away: the wineries, farmer’s market, beaches and foodie destinations in Wellington
- Across the street: shuttle pick up/drop off for the Hayloft Dancehall
Included for your enjoyment:
- High-speed internet/wifi
- Sandbanks beach day pass (all-season)
- 2 bicycles for exploring the county roads and the Millenium Trail
- Kayak and stand-up paddleboard rentals (down the street at Westlake Sports – subject to a weekly maximum)
- Indoor and outdoor games
- Fire pit
- Discounts at nearby restaurants
- High-quality linens, towels and pillows
Available (across the street and toward Sheba’s Island) at Westlake Watersports:
- Fishing boat, pontoon boats, Sea Doo jet ski or flyboard-jet pack rentals
- Westlake Willy Water Park – all age inflatable water park (across the street)
- Even closer, across the street and behind Isaiah Tubbs resort is Westlake Wakeboard school, which also does tubing and banana boat rides.
Other Things to Note
The Mary Coach House can be rented along with her little sister, The Sophia Farmhouse, providing accommodations for a total of up to 10 people between the two.
Up to two well-behaved dogs are welcome!
Prices, Reviews and Availability: PEC Vacation Rental
To see prices, reviews and our availability calendar, check out our listing on Airbnb.